BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dinner Conversations With a Two Year Old

Chuck and I had an interesting conversation with Micah at the dinner table tonight. We got on the subject of Micah being a big brother. Previously, when the topic of another baby comes up, Micah would refuse to acknowledge it. If we asked him if he wanted to be a big brother, he would yell, "NO!!!" (I'm sure everyone can picture exactly how he says it, too! )

Tonight, we asked Micah again if he wanted to be a big brother. He put up his hand and said, "Not yet! Not yet! It's my birthday first!" (He will be turning 3 on July 31st.) Chuck and I looked at each other, surprised at the different response. I asked him, "So, after your birthday, you want to be a big brother?" He replied, "Yes!"

Hallelujah! We've had a breakthrough! Micah has accepted the fact that he will not be an only child. We started to talk about him protecting, holding, and having to be very gentle with Aiden. Micah seemed very excited about all of it.

I then asked Micah where Aiden was. Micah looked down at his stomach and said, "He's in my belly! See?! (as he poked his stomach out)" It was hilarious!

Apparently, Aiden is in Micah's belly and I'm just bloated. The mind of a two year old is so interesting!

0 comments: