BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 9, 2009

Update


Wow, my last blog was July- pathetic.









Since July, we've had a major change- Aiden arrived!! Needless to say, I am SO happy to not be pregnant anymore! I LOVED being pregnant the first time around, but this time- not so much. A large part of it was due to the fact that I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. It was a total freak thing. I did not fit into any of the risk categories. I had to go to a class about it and a nutritionist put me on a strict diet. I also has to check my sugar 4 times a day. Holy cow, was I happy to get rid of those needles! Anyways, Chuck and I made the most of it, and tried some new recipes, etc. On the bright side, I started losing the baby weight before Aiden even came.

Partly because of the diabetes, my doctor decided to induce me. It was wonderful knowing exactly when he would be here. I was able to clean my house from top to bottom so it was ready for me to come home!

The morning that I was being induced, I was suppose to be at the hospital between 6:00 and 6:30. Chuck and I set the alarm for 4:45 so we could leave by 5:45. We slept through the alarm and woke up when Adam (Adam and Lori stayed with us the night before) called to see if we were awake. After Chuck had a short conversation with Adam (while still asleep) I woke up and realized what was going on. We jumped up and rushed to the hospital.

At the hospital, everything went well. I had an epidural, which was wonderful. Most of my family was there, so I had plenty of excitement to distract me (which was great since Aiden was in no hurry to get here). The nurse checked me about every hour or so. At about 5:00, she came into check me and I was about 7 cm. Thirty minutes later, she came in to adjust my IV and decided to check me again. She said that I was 9cm and she was getting the doctor. My doctor came in and said, "If you sneeze, this baby will come out, so hang on!" She left to change clothes and it was a whirlwind after that! The nurse kicked everyone out, prepared the room, and called the nursery. My doctor came back in and told me to push. I pushed twice and Aiden was here- less then 10 minutes and NO STITCHES! Hallelujah!! He was here on August 25 at 5:54pm. He was 6lbs. 8oz. and 20 in. long.

When we got home from the hospital, we took a day to sleep, then life picked back up again. We had a meeting that Saturday, church, End of Summer Party, the Kids Crusade, a trip to Columbia, a trip to Greenville, a trip to Myrtle Beach, a trip to Georgetown, and a trip to Falcon, NC. As I type, Chuck is speaking in Aiken. Things have been so busy, and Aiden has fit into our life just perfectly.

We are so thankful for our new addition. Micah absolutely loves him, and Chuck and I are continuously commenting on how much we love our family. God has been so good to us!

0 comments: