BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 25, 2009

What is Your Potential?

Alright, my husband has reminded me that I have not blogged in over a week. I guess it defeats the purpose of having a blog if you never write, so I'll do better.

There is something that has been on my mind for the last several weeks. I recently heard a pastor speak on potential. He said that God only judges us based on OUR potential. He used Billy Graham as an example: Let's say that through the crusades that Billy Graham held, 5 million people were saved. That would be considered a HUGE success. I know that I haven't reached 5 million in my life so far. But what if Billy Graham had the potential to reach 10 million people. Do you think God would be satisfied with him only reaching half of his potential? While God would be rejoicing over the 5 million people who are now living for Him, I believe He would be mourning over the 5 million lost. (Please know that I am not saying that Billy Graham didn't live up to his potential. This is strictly an example.)

It has made me think about a lot of things. We are all so caught up with comparing our lives to other people's lives. Some may think that they are doing enough for God because they are more committed that their neighbor. None of that matters. When we die, God is not going to look at us and say, "Well done good and faithful servant because you led more to the Lord than Sally." No, it doesn't matter what anyone else has done. All that matters is what God has put inside you to do.

This has made me take a look at my life. What in my life am I doing simply because I have compared myself or my life to someone else? No one is immune to this. We have all at one point or another been influenced or affected by other people.

Bottom line: I don't want to miss it. I don't want to die without reaching my potential. I don't want to waste time. I don't want to become prideful and think I have done enough for the Kingdom of God because I've done more than someone else. I don't want to think that I'm insignificant or a failure because I haven't done as much as someone else. I want to reach my potential and do what God has purposed for me to do.

0 comments: